Argus Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bosses

Go down

Bosses Empty Bosses

HEATHCLIFF
Here's the legendary 100th boss, the leader of the Knights of the Blood, Heathcliff!
He's a boss and also an NPC.
The model is quite done, but the texture aren't final.

Model: Owex
Textures: joeybbb

Bosses Heathcliffwip2b_zpsb3866675
Owex
Owex
Admin

http://argusgames.discutland.net

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Bosses :: Comments

Cadle

Post December 1st 2013, 3:04 pm by Cadle

Looks Awesome, great work!!

Back to top Go down

Post January 3rd 2014, 10:00 pm by DarkArcherz

This may be a hard question to ask but from the animes part of view wasnt it like real life HD. Because in the anime your physical body is transported in the game. So would that make it real life looking or just like any other video game. (I know that would be extremely hard to do if it was to be EXACTLY like SAO but you necer know)  okay 

Back to top Go down

Owex

Post January 3rd 2014, 11:08 pm by Owex

Here would be the right place to talk of that ;) But to answer your question, all depend on the talent and the time the team have. And the decision of which side to go Real life vs Anime looking, should be made on that. From what I know, Akira wants to make it looks real life.

Back to top Go down

Post January 4th 2014, 5:29 am by DarkArcherz

Yeah i figured that about the talent and the time your team have.But the question is about real life vs anime. For the anime you'd need a dedicated and talented team to draw EVERYTHING. For real life you'd still need a talented and dedicated to make the graphics real-life looking and you'd more time then you'd probably would need with the anime style. So based on pros and cons anime looking would be about maybe 40% easy then real life looking because i don't think todays technology graphics looks real enough unless it's frostbite 3 which is the closest to real-life looking in my opinion.
Oh PS. with the animating of movement (not from any experience) i think real-life looking would be easier because you wouldn't have to re-draw the thing over and over again with every looking bit.
Hope this helped ^_^

EDIT: I completely miss said about which one is easier  oops! . First i said anime looking would be then i said real-life looking >.<
So to restate it i think anime style would look much better if you had good artists but a bit harder and you'd definitely need a dedicated team of anime-style of art. I'm pretty good but sometimes I'm not dedicated (and get bored) plus I'm only 12 and my parents probably wouldn't allow to work part-time as an artist towards the game.  :grrr:

Last edited by DarkArcherz on January 4th 2014, 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stuffed everything up >.<)

Back to top Go down

Owex

Post January 4th 2014, 3:00 pm by Owex

I think you missunderstand the thing.. anime looking doesn't mean it's in 2D, anime looking would look like that: Bosses 40583-40988G_GamesCom_event_02_copy
Those aren't draw. This would be 100% conceivable by an indie company.
And beyond the talent/time, there's the server(s), I don't think an MMO of the size of SAO can be made with Crysis 3 or Battlefield 4 graphics.

Back to top Go down

Post January 4th 2014, 8:29 pm by DarkArcherz

lol i thought so but still creating 3d anime characters from scratch can be challenging sometimes (i tried once on blender) and its true, SAO wouldn't be able to be made with Frostbite 3 because Battlefield 4 can barely handle it. So you're gonna have to find an engine that can support the size of SAO or make a new one. Oh and can you recommend some programs to use for making characters i wanna try again myself :)
Oh and what game is that picture

Back to top Go down

Owex

Post January 4th 2014, 9:01 pm by Owex

From last news, Argus is working on CryEngine 3.
Well, Blender is a great tool and easy to understand. (I highly recommend it for a beginner wink )
Maya is reputed for is great animation and rigging system.
3DS Max is the most professional, used in most game studios.
I never used it but if you're not so willing to model the body, there's MakeHuman.

Tales of Grace, never played it, just found on google image.

Back to top Go down

joeybbb

Post January 4th 2014, 9:23 pm by joeybbb

Owex wrote:3DS Max is the most professional, used in most game studios.
#AutodeskMayaFTW
Used to create call of duty, halo, gears of war, unreal tournament, tomb raider, all ea sports games, all Nintendo games, metroid, WoW, sky cooper, all Lucas arts games, and half life 2 just to name a few

Join the horde!

Back to top Go down

Post January 6th 2014, 12:05 am by DarkArcherz

Ok thank you! Do you know what's gonna be in CryEngine 3? Cos i really want to know

Back to top Go down

Owex

Post January 6th 2014, 11:45 am by Owex

DarkArcherz wrote:Do you know what's gonna be in CryEngine 3?
Well, the whole game ^^ I'm not with Argus anymore so I don't know if anything changed.

Back to top Go down

Post January 6th 2014, 6:22 pm by DarkArcherz

lol so everything that's gonna be with game. and one dumb question i think many people have asked before. Is the game gonna be on NerveGear? If it is then developing CryEngine 3 with the whole smell,taste thing would be complicated if not already invented. but there are some current technologies for smell and movement and this other thing that i forgot about. If you want i could post the links

Back to top Go down

Owex

Post January 6th 2014, 6:40 pm by Owex

I can't answer those questions, I don't how Argus will deal with this, sorry.

Back to top Go down

joeybbb

Post January 6th 2014, 8:18 pm by joeybbb

Kinjo (the supposed maker of nerve gear) tells Akira that he is making it. However he has never shown a single pic, or any type of other evidence that it is actually in progress. I can't speak for anybody but myself but that sounds suspicious to me, and the Internet is full of scams; For all I know Kinjo could be a 12 year old giving Akira the run around. But hey, I'm just a skeptic.

Back to top Go down

Post January 6th 2014, 9:13 pm by DarkArcherz

Ok and that could be true. If Kinjo is a 12 year old making BS up there will probably be a whole lot of people wanting to murder him. If he really wasn't a 12 year old and is actually doing it, it would be nice to have some evidence. But until then pretty much everyone will just have to hope for the best and not be lead into some MASSIVE BS.

Back to top Go down

EsvaldForceswoop

Post January 6th 2014, 10:16 pm by EsvaldForceswoop

"We do not judge without evidece Severus"

I can n ot say Kinjo is lying. Neither I can say he is not. But as others told before - this is the Internet. If I say I have built a life-size Imperial Star Destroyer which is fully operational, well most people wont belive it, and will say:
okkkk dude, but show us some evidence.

and thats what we did not got from Kinjo. Not a single pic or video or something. So why belive? I mean it would be nice and stuff, but its just something like that is too new accordingto n owdays technology to belive without evidence.

Back to top Go down

Owex

Post January 6th 2014, 10:56 pm by Owex

Esvald wrote:built a life-size Imperial Star Destroyer
That would epic..! o____o

I agree with all of you.

Back to top Go down

Post January 7th 2014, 4:31 am by DarkArcherz

EsvaldForceswoop wrote:and thats what we did not got from Kinjo. Not a single pic or video or something. So why belive?  I mean it would be nice and stuff, but its just something like that is too new accordingto n owdays technology to belive without evidence.

Well there are some technologies that can make it happen in a year or so maybe. for example ScentScape. ScentScape is an attachment for PC games that introduces scent to your game. So say if you were playing a cooking game, you would smell the food ect.

another one is LeapMotion. it lets you use your hands for using your computer and in games. (I know its advanced technology).

So pretty much what im saying is taht it could be possible and the only things that would really matter is the senses that haven't been developed yet.

Back to top Go down

Saber Hawk

Post July 28th 2014, 8:43 pm by Saber Hawk

To create a system like nerve gear one will not actually need something that produces a scent but replicates its existance. The nerve gear uses a wave similar to microwaves to send signals into your receptors and replicates the sense. Basically the technology will have to be similar to the probes used by neurobiologists. Of course this is a different method of applying the signal, however it is simply replicating the wavelength. Of course its not that simple or we wouldn't be having this debate.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum