Argus Games
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions

+10
dualjota
lotoflux
BEZIMIENNY
BinaryRecoil
kimurōkuム
Aki_Kenmiya
joeybbb
Doge
EsvaldForceswoop
Owex
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Questions Empty Questions

Post by Owex December 7th 2013, 10:15 am

Post question here if you have one.

Hey, anyone know what they mean when they write "Equip +50" on the Elucidator?

http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Elucidator
Owex
Owex
Admin

http://argusgames.discutland.net

Back to top Go down

Questions Empty Re: Questions

Post by EsvaldForceswoop December 7th 2013, 10:49 am

It was boosted to +40 by Lisbeth out of a maximum of 50

Maybe the maximum points the sword can be upgraded?
EsvaldForceswoop
EsvaldForceswoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Doge December 7th 2013, 11:13 am

I guess that a sword can have a defaulted set of attributes and a smith (Lisbeth) can enhance a weapon by having a high enough smithing level.
Doge
Doge

Back to top Go down

Post by joeybbb December 7th 2013, 11:33 am

Owex are we doing an upgrade system? TBH I don't really like that idea, I would rather have it so stronger swords would have to be bought/crafted
joeybbb
joeybbb

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki_Kenmiya December 7th 2013, 11:44 am

I would like to know the leveling up of attributes are we given a set amount of points each time we level or are we getting increased or decreased amount every time we reach a certain level or what?

Aki_Kenmiya

Back to top Go down

Post by joeybbb December 7th 2013, 12:31 pm

Basic stats like health damage etc will be automatically added, but skill points will be spent however the player likes. E.g. Extra health regen or invest in black smithing. Something like tha
joeybbb
joeybbb

Back to top Go down

Post by EsvaldForceswoop December 7th 2013, 12:58 pm

And you will need Skill Slots. First you get 2, than reaching lvl 8,16,32... will give you additional skill slots.
EsvaldForceswoop
EsvaldForceswoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki_Kenmiya December 7th 2013, 1:49 pm

Oh OK I can't wait for this game even though it will be a while.
BTW are you guys planning to release a beta when you get to a certain point or are you just gonna wait for the game to be finished?

Aki_Kenmiya

Back to top Go down

Post by Owex December 7th 2013, 2:00 pm

We must release a beta, it's the better to see if the game worth releasing or not, the opinion of players is the most important.
Owex
Owex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kimurōkuム December 7th 2013, 2:22 pm

hey does anyone know if it's even possible to make a program like yui. that it can think for themselves and have feelings. personally I do not believe it but would just like to know :hm?: 
kimurōkuム
kimurōkuム

Back to top Go down

Post by Owex December 7th 2013, 5:21 pm

In theory it's possible, but it's extremely hard to do.
Owex
Owex
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kimurōkuム December 7th 2013, 5:25 pm

ok thanks
kimurōkuム
kimurōkuム

Back to top Go down

Post by joeybbb December 7th 2013, 5:33 pm

What's that one program called? Eve? It's like a first prototype of AI but in reality it's just a logic program and reiterates an appropriate response. I wish I was born in the era of AI xD
joeybbb
joeybbb

Back to top Go down

Post by BinaryRecoil December 8th 2013, 5:43 pm

There are likely spoilers in this, so if you haven't read through all the side stories/main story and continued to the end of everything translated in English involving the plotline of Kirito- well I warned you.
Okay the +40 on Kirito's sword(s) first. There's a side story that goes to lengths describing this process. First for every addition of "+1" to a weapon, an increasing amount of items/materials is required to the point where when Kirito comes in to have that added he drops a table full of items out of his inventory. There are 3 plausible outcomes based on the Blacksmith's abilities; Successful Upgrade, Failed Upgrade, Weapon Shatters/broken permanently. Lisbeth is noted in the Arc as being the only blacksmith who's capable of doing a +40 on a weapon- every other shattered their attempts. She's capable of this because of (this is something that hints towards the future of the whole Kirito story Arc- so big spoiler) her insatiable crush on Kirito. She puts her whole heart & soul into creating it and it makes it a success. (The story arc later shows- by the death of Heathcliff, the fulfilling of this hint- where the soul/heart/Ki/mental power of a person is stronger than the coding of the digital world & even later on in the Arc *Mother of all spoilers* Kirito masters it to the point where he can manipulate the digital world to his own thoughts and whims- just like is shown in a separate story arc the writer created, called Accel World (where that's supposed to be based in an alternate reality and in the future, where at least 5 people know of the ability to directly manipulate the digital world through their Ki/mental power/imagination/willpower.) There's also another part of the weapon upgrade system I haven't covered, there are four choices to how you can upgrade a weapon, two of which I've forgotten since I haven't read it in a while but two are obviously Strength & Agility and I've forgotten if it went so far as to require different items for the 4 capable upgrades.

As for creating an A.I., what was Yui called a "Top Down" A.I. ? It's possible (based upon the human minds layout), but would take a mastered knowledge of an operating system- the ability to chain at least 4 operating systems together to have them work with & through each other, on top of the hardware for it to function like a human mind. So the requirements would be knowing... what is it 50,000+ lines of coding by heart, and $10,000+ for being able to create a self sustaining generator to power a cooling unit with the processors and motherboards.. and all the other little juicy pieces needed to make a functional computer.

BinaryRecoil

Back to top Go down

Post by EsvaldForceswoop December 8th 2013, 5:50 pm

The Dark Repulser later broke... Broke at the moment, which it was critical, during the Final Boss fight. Conclusion: Lisbeths love for Kirito wasnt that high and that ultimate.
EsvaldForceswoop
EsvaldForceswoop

Back to top Go down

Post by BinaryRecoil December 8th 2013, 6:00 pm

Lol  Yeah, it did shatter. But that's from an entirely different reason that's covered in Alicization. Heathcliffs sword didn't just have a higher strength & durability, it was a Mod.s sword that had a much higher priority than anything Kirito had the ability to wield at that point. As well, since Heathcliff programmed in the preset moves of the dual wields "activation" (automatic strike combo's) he knew exactly when and where to strike to hit the sword in its weakest point.

BinaryRecoil

Back to top Go down

Post by EsvaldForceswoop December 8th 2013, 6:04 pm

Oh... and the sword must be a bit broken after the Skull Reper fight, sothat was the last hit for it and yeah... shattered. Damn thats -1 evidence about Lisbeth not lovin Kirito so much.
EsvaldForceswoop
EsvaldForceswoop

Back to top Go down

Post by BEZIMIENNY December 9th 2013, 10:22 am

Is there any list of WHOLE team and their jobs?

kimurōkuム wrote:hey does anyone know if it's even possible to make a program like yui. that it can think for themselves and have feelings. personally I do not believe it but would just like to know :hm?: 
I was thinking about that today, and one question that make sense for me is that, who need yui? She is necessary when you are imprisoned in game, but normally if you are sad while playing the game, you log out.
BEZIMIENNY
BEZIMIENNY

Back to top Go down

Post by joeybbb December 9th 2013, 10:53 am

There is not an updated list of the team at the moment. Currently all I know is that there is me, Akira, Asuna, Owex, Riku, Esvald, and Lazarus
joeybbb
joeybbb

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki_Kenmiya December 9th 2013, 3:01 pm

Honestly I would like to know at what point you plan to release a beta I would love to beta test this game even as it is now.

Aki_Kenmiya

Back to top Go down

Post by joeybbb December 9th 2013, 3:04 pm

Aki_Kenmiya wrote:Honestly I would like to know at what point you plan to release a beta I would love to beta test this game even as it is now.
Not even close to a developers pre alpha buddy, got a while to wait :D feel free to keep checking out the WIP posts however
joeybbb
joeybbb

Back to top Go down

Post by Aki_Kenmiya December 9th 2013, 3:05 pm

K thx.

Aki_Kenmiya

Back to top Go down

Post by lotoflux December 9th 2013, 11:09 pm

Heyy, I was wondering if the game will have hidden classes  :shifty: ?? If it would, would it be integrated through weapons or would it be some sort of skill drop  think . I'm just a curious person :)
lotoflux
lotoflux

Back to top Go down

Post by BEZIMIENNY December 10th 2013, 12:32 pm

Thanks, but who what do?
BEZIMIENNY
BEZIMIENNY

Back to top Go down

Post by EsvaldForceswoop December 10th 2013, 1:02 pm

SAO does not have classes.
One thinkI know I am creating new stuff with concept arts.
EsvaldForceswoop
EsvaldForceswoop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next